RANBY VILLAGE HALL
Originally known as Ranby Club, the hall was built in 1927 by Sir Albert Bingham, as a sports and social club for use by the residents of Ranby and the surrounding area. You had to be a member and pay a fee, and over the next 30 years it provided facilities for snooker, darts, bowls and tennis.
In 1960 the hall was given to the village by the estate of Sir Albert Bingham, to be run by a committee.
In 1963 it became a charity and was renamed Ranby Village Hall with the trustees being appointed from local organisations.
By this time the various sports facilities had declined and disappeared and the hall could be hired by any group that wished to hold a function.
By 2010 it was recognised that the building needed considerable work carrying out if it was to continue to provide a service to the community.
Money was raised, grants obtained, designs agreed and after extensive refurbishment work, one of Ranby’s oldest residents, Mrs Mavis Wollerton, BEM, cut the ribbon to declare Ranby Village Hall "open for business" in May 2017.
Extensive works have been undertaken to ensure the hall can be enjoyed by future generations of local people. The hall is an important focal point for the local community, who use it for a wide variety of activities.