Terms and Conditions
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE
The hall has a maximum occupancy of 100 people.
If the hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following the Hall Authorised Representative should be immediately contacted.
1) The Hirer on collecting the keys, will become the RESPONSIBLE PERSON, as regards Health and Safety, especially acting as the FIRE WARDEN and FIRST AIDER.
2) The Hirer is responsible for the supervision of the use of the Hall and its contents, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises, including the switching on of the internal lights and the proper supervision of the car parking arrangements, PLEASE NOTE, the grassed area to the North of the Hall IS NOT AN OFFICIAL CAR PARK and as such is not covered by our insurance.
3) The Hirer will not sub-hire or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything to or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the Hall or render any insurance policies invalid.
4) The Hirer will be responsible for obtaining any licences that may be needed whether for the consumption of intoxicating liquor, from the Performing Right Society, or otherwise and for the compliance with them.
5) The Hirer will be responsible for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property, or the contents of the buildings which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
6) If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event, the following charges will apply. More than 4 weeks’ notice no charge, within 4 weeks 50%, within 24 hrs 100% of the quoted cost.
7) At the end of the Hiring, the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured and the keys returned, unless directed otherwise. Any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions must be properly replaced, otherwise the Trustee’s will be at liberty to make an additional charge.
8) The Trustee’s Reserve the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the Hall being required to be used as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or by-election, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid.
9) In the event of the hall or any part of it being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Trustee’s will not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting lose or damage whatsoever.
10) The Trustee’s will not be held responsible for any items belonging to any hirer when left in the Village Hall.
11) Ranby Village Hall uses personal data for the purposes of managing hall bookings, finances, events and publicity. By signing the Booking Form you are agreeing to us sharing your contact details with other groups and organisations benefiting the residents of the Parish of Babworth.
12) Data may be retained for up to 7 years for accounts purposes and for longer where required by the Hall’s insurers. If you would like to find out more about how we use your personal data or want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, please contact the Hall Secretary.
Following the satisfactory introduction of the KEY SAFE unit, we have now introduced charging by the length of time the key has been out of the KEY SAFE.
This is how it works: -
The KEY SAFE records the time that your SECRET NUMBER was used to remove the key and again when it is used to put the key back.
Each hire period is allowed 15 minutes to set up and 15 minutes to pack up.
The minimum hire period is 1 hour, so anyone returning the key within 1 hour 30 minutes will be charged for 1 hour.
For all longer periods they will be charged in multiples of half an hour.
This more accurate system allows for greater flexibility as you only pay for the time you have the key.
Anyone requiring further information please contact John Hilton by phone or text on 07743 901327 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org