TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
The Hall Has A Maximum Occupancy Of 100 People.
We really look forward to welcoming you to Ranby Village Hall and trust your event will be enjoyable and successful.
The following standard conditions apply to all who hire the Hall and we ask that you read them and keep a copy for reference.
If you have any doubt as to the meaning of any of the following, the Hall Booking Secretary should be immediately contacted on 07743 9013271
1) The Hirer is required to be over 21 years of age and accepts responsibility for overseeing and being on the premises at all times for the duration of the hire, and will become the RESPONSIBLE PERSON, as regards HEALTH AND SAFETY especially acting as the FIRE WARDEN and FIRST AIDER.
2) The Hirer is responsible for the supervision of the use of the Hall and its contents, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises, including the switching on of the internal lights and the proper supervision of the car parking arrangements. PLEASE NOTE, the grassed area to the North of the Hall can be used for car parking with the access path to the front entry being indicated by an arrow on the hall wall. The hirer will make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or fixtures, fittings or contents, and for loss of contents.
3) The Hirer will not sub-hire or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything to or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the Hall or render any insurance policies invalid.
4) The Hall is not licenced for the sale of alcohol but does hold relevant licences under the Performing Right Society (PRS) and the Phonographic Performance Licence (PPL) and is therefore licenced for music and dancing.
5) The Hall has no television licence so the hirer should ensure no television streaming takes place. Children should be restricted from viewing age restricted films as classified by the British Board of Film Classification. If films are shown the hirer should ensure that they have the copyright licence.
6) The Hirer should ensure that any activities for children under the age of eight years comply with the appropriate Safeguarding Legislation and only fit and proper persons who have passed DBS checks have access to the children.
7) The Hirer should, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations. Dairy product, vegetables and meat on the premises must be refrigerated and stored in compliance with the Food Temperature Regulations.
8) The Hirer should ensure that any electrical appliance brought by them to the premises and used there are safe, in good working order and used in a safe manner in accordance with the Electricity at Work Regulations.
9) The Hall accepts no responsibility for any equipment or property brought to or left in the hall and all liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded.
10) The Hirer should ensure that all guests comply with the NO SMOKING instructions and signage.
11) The Hirer should ensure that highly flammable substances are not brought into or used in the hall. Naked flame devices such as Chinese Lanterns, Candles and Tea Lights are not allowed. The hirer should also ensure that no unauthorised heating appliances are used on the premises.
12) The Hirer Should ensure that no animals or birds except guide dogs are brought onto the premises. No animals whatsoever are to enter the kitchen at any time. In the case of pre-booked and authorised dog shows and related events please ensure that the Dog Hygiene instructions are followed.
13) If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the hire the cost will be, with 4 weeks or more notice, no cost, from 4 to 2 week's notice 50%, from 1 week or less 100%. For regular users the question of the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the Trustee’s.
14) At the end of the Hiring, the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, all electrical equipment switched off and the property locked and secured with all doors and windows closed. Any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions must be properly replaced, otherwise the Trustee’s will be at liberty to make an additional charge.
15) The Trustee’s Reserve the right to cancel the hiring in the event of the Hall being required to be used as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or by-election, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid.
16) In the event of the hall or any part of it being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Trustee’s will not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
17) The Trustee’s will not be held responsible for any items belonging to any hirer when left in the Village Hall.
18) Guest WIFI, provides free access to the internet for hirers of the hall and their guests. This service will be monitored and anyone not complying with the Terms and Conditions of use will be blocked from further use. For full details please read the Guest WIFI Terms and Conditions of Use.
19) Ranby Village Hall uses personnel data for the purposes of managing hall bookings, finances, events and publicity. By submitting the Booking Form, you are agreeing to us sharing your contact details with other groups and organisations benefitting the residents of the Parish of Babworth.
20) Privacy and Security Policy, data may be retained for up to 7 years for accounts purposes and for longer where required by the Hall’s insurers. If you would like to find out more about how we use your personal data please look at our Privacy and Security Policy.